The European Commission adopted the Annual work programme for the implementation of Pilot Projects and Preparatory Actions in the areas of education, youth, sport and culture on 4 March 2020.
The preparatory action ‘Bottom-up Policy Development for Culture & Well-being in the EU’ aims to
- facilitate the exchange of knowledge, experience and success stories within the European Union (EU) related to the role of culture for well-being and health
- map the most relevant existing practices in this regard, including those that are financed by European programmes
- improve the capacity of local actors to effectively benefit from culture as a means to increase well-being and health, with a special focus on mental health
- carry out small-scale pilot work on the ground concerning means of cooperating across sectors to enhance the well-being of individuals and communities
- establish and explore synergies between existing policies and programmes, as well as past, ongoing and planned actions – in particular those at the EU level – but also local, (macro-)regional and national initiatives
The current call is open to individual entities and consortia of partners.
The grant agreement resulting from this call for proposals will be allocated to one single project.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of the project is estimated at €500,000.
The indicative duration of the action is 18 months.
Find out more HERE.