The Digital Innovation Zone website (the “Site”) is operated by the Digital Innovation Zone-Digital Innovation Zone Association. The Digital Innovation Zone Association-Digital Innovation Zone can be mentioned in this policy as “we”, “us” or “ours”.
The role of this policy is to inform users with an account in the platform about the personal data processing activities carried out by the DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION – DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE, as an operator, in accordance with the legislation of personal data protection, including the General Data Protection Regulation no. 679/2016 (“GDPR”).
In this policy you will find details about:
- WHAT CATEGORIES OF DATA DO WE PROCESS AND WHY
- PROCESSING FOR WHICH WE NEED YOUR CONSENT
- CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS AND STATES TO WHICH YOUR DATA IS TRANSFERRED
- DURATION OF PROCESSING
- THE RIGHTS YOU HAVE
WHAT CATEGORIES OF DATA DO WE PROCESS AND WHY
In order to be able to provide the functionalities of the Site in accordance with the provisions of the Terms and Conditions, we use the data you provide in the application forms or if you apply to the opportunities published on the Site.
Some functionalities of the Site are aimed at assessing the level of digital maturity of your company. The tool is free of charge and analyzes a number of business dimensions, namely: digital business strategy, digital preparation, human-oriented level of digitization, data management, automation, and sustainable digitalization.
We may use the contact details you provide to us to contact you in order to conduct market research or opinion polls based on our legitimate interests. This helps us understand the impact of the products and services we offer, improve them and deliver quality content and products or services to you. If you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose, please let us know, and we will take your choice into account.
PROCESSING FOR WHICH WE NEED YOUR CONSENT
You can choose what information you want to receive by e-mail in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Later you can change your mind or update that information.
CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS AND STATES TO WHICH YOUR DATA IS TRANSFERRED
In order to fulfill the processing purposes, the DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION – DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE processes the data on the territory of Romania and may reveal certain categories of personal data to the following categories of recipients: the entities in the Ecosystem DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION – DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE, judicial authorities or other public authorities of any type, international organizations, service providers and goods, market research organizations, other contractual partners and/or empowered partners of the DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION -DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE, such as IT service providers.
The following data are stored and processed by the DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION – DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE, based on the provisions of art. 6 al. (1) lit. (f) of GDPR having the legitimate interest to provide an optimal experience within the application opportunities: name, surname, email address, telephone number, locality – for individuals, and, respectively, company name, number of employees, name, surname, email address, no. telephone, locality – in the case of entities with legal personality.
The personal data collected by the DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION – DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE are stored and processed, according to the law, to ensure registration and participation in physical or online opportunities or events, organized in collaboration with the DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION – DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE, as well as to provide support and additional information related to the activity of the DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION – DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE.
DURATION OF PROCESSING
We store your personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products or services you have requested or for other essential purposes, such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and implementing our agreements.
As these needs may vary depending on the different data types in the context of different products, the actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine retention periods include:
- maintaining and improving the performance of products, keeping our systems safe and maintaining business records, according to the legislation in force;
- the period for which you have given your consent or until you express your intention in one of the ways set out in this policy to no longer retain the personal data provided;
- the situation in which law provides for the obligation to retain personal data, in order to maintain data relevant to an investigation or data that must be kept in the event of a dispute.
THE RIGHTS FROM YOU GET BENEFIT
- Right to information: on processing activities.
- The right of access to data: you can request and receive a confirmation from the DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION – DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE regarding the data processing (what data we process and for what purpose, where and how long we store it, who has access to it, etc.).
- The right to rectify: inaccurate data, as well as the completion of incomplete data through the Site.
- Right to erasure: with respect to some or all of your data. It is important to note that we will not be able to comply with the request in all cases, for example, when the law obliges us to keep the data for a certain period of time; the data is useful to us for legitimate interest or for defending a right in court.
- The right to restrict the processing: you can request that we do not use the data, but only to store it until another request from you is resolved.
- Right to portability: You can request that the data be provided to you, for example, by e-mail.
- Right to object
- You can oppose the data processing carried out based on the legitimate interest of the DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION – DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE. In order to be able to correctly analyze the situation and make a decision, we recommend that you explain to us your particular situation and why you oppose the processing when you make the request.
- The right not to be the subject of a decision based solely on automated processing: through the platform, we do not carry out such processing.
- Right to withdraw consent: when we process data based on your consent. It is important to know that the withdrawal of consent will only have an effect in the future, and processing carried out on another basis, such as the execution of the contract, will not be affected by the withdrawal.
- The right to file a complaint: if you are dissatisfied, you can always contact the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing or the competent courts.
To the extent that you exercise any of the above rights, please provide us with the necessary details so that we can identify the right exercised and the fulfillment of the conditions of exercise imposed by law. The more details you provide us about your problem, the more effectively we can help you.
For more details on the exercise of rights, you can contact us at any time by a request addressed to the Data Protection Officer at the e-mail address email@example.com – a channel dedicated to the protection of personal data.
The platform may include links to other websites that are managed by other entities / legal entities that are not related to the activity of the DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION – DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE and in respect of which the DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE ASSOCIATION – DIGITAL INNOVATION ZONE does not wear any responsibility. If you access these websites through the platform, you should review their privacy policies.